Dayton Audio SUB-1500 15" 150 Watt Powered Subwoofer
- Enormous 15" heavy-duty, long-throw woofer
- 150W amplifier with selectable auto-on feature for satisfying power
- Downward-firing flared port design for clean, powerful bass
- Perfect for large home theater rooms
- Unobtrusive texture black vinyl finish cabinet with removable grill
Dayton Audio B652-AIR 6-1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker with AMT Tweeter Pair
- Air Motion Transformer tweeter provides non-fatiguing, audiophile-level treble clarity
- 6-1/2" woofer produces rich, punchy bass
- Compact, unobtrusive design with exceptional performance and value
- Black ebony pica vinyl cabinet finish for a clean, modern appearance
- Removable acoustically transparent cloth grill
Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer
- Dual 4 ohm voice coils for many wiring options
- Extensively vented motor eliminates compression and allows quiet excursion
- Extra-thick black anodized aluminum cone for maximum rigidity
- Triple shorting-ring motor for ultra-low distortion
- Parameters optimized for small enclosures
Dayton Audio SUB-1000 – Overall Good Choice
In movies made using the low range in the low frequency registers, the low range registers, which play acoustic and electronic, and most spectacular scenes, are important.
To play them correctly, you need a subwoofer specially prepared for this sound system. It is usually an active speaker system. This is a column with a unique (usually built) special amplifier. There is also a passive structure, but this is a separate equipment that is rarely used in home systems.
First, the structure is made of heavy, high-quality materials. The unit does not have a built-in leg for vertical installation. If you put an extra leg for vertical mounting, it will be bigger. The size of the attached feet for horizontal installation on the floor is 6-25 inches.
The amplifier is equipped with high and low level input and high level output, phase switch, independent volume control, auto on / off switch and 12dB variable electronic low pass filter.
The 10-inch power Dayton Audio SUB-1000 subwoofer is the perfect complement to any home theater system. This subwoofer is equipped with bottom noise, flare port, low frequency reflection design, reducing port noise and bass boost.
This serve is decorated with inconspicuous black vinyl, which complements all the decor. I didn't expect much power in one package. There is no downside to the crossover feature.
Performance and sound quality
For those who want to listen to music, sound quality plays a big role. This subwoofer is enough for all music and movie genres. Clear plus passive radiator in base depth is very good.
It also offers excellent speed performance and excellent dynamics. Also worth noting is the high intelligibility of low frequencies in the main spectrum. Percussion can be easily identified by the ear, and some low-frequency effects do not spread even at large volumes.
But with careful listening, some characteristic features appeared. The subwoofer does not like signals with large amplitudes, which leads to its departure from rhythm. Yes, impressive infrared sound is still not observed. However, this is completely complemented by the utmost accuracy and careful study of low frequency lines.
It's easy to install, but when we talk specifically about the SUB-1000 setup, the filter's cutoff frequency and level are adjusted individually, so we had to find the best place to install it for accurate docking with other speakers.
The controls allow you to subtly mix low frequencies in the mix. In the process of setting up the system, the subwoofer works best in a narrow crossover band, so wide outdoor loudspeakers are suitable as satellites.
This subwoofer mainly surprises with absolute sound versatility and the ability to sharply reproduce almost any complex material. The base is perfectly damped in the main band and is quickly and distinguished by the correct attack. The relief of the bass guitar is slightly enhanced but it is truly transmitted. But contrary to dynamic performance, perfect order.
Setting up the Dayton Audio SUB-1000 was easy. This is probably one of the most interesting "theatres" among the test participants.